The hardest climb in Georgia:
What makes it the hardest climb in GA?
- Length – 7 miles
- Grade – Avg. 5% – up to 15%
- Remoteness – Location
- Route – Normally connected with the other nearby gaps which depending on when you hit the climb it could at the beginning or near the end of your ride
What to watch out for?
- Cars and motorcycles
- Braking – CHECK YOUR BRAKES before descending
- Water – make sure you have enough.
- Gearing – I got away with 11-26 but you may need 30-32 to be able to spin up it.
This and the Brasstown Bald climb needs to be on your GA bucket list of climbs to conquer. The views on the way up makes the pain you feel disappear as you crawl up it. Plus you’ll have plenty of time to rest as you descend back down.